Cloud Operations Engineer
6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd. Pleasanton, CA 94588
Position Title: Cloud Operations Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, California.
- Fluent in Linux (CentOS or similar)
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructure systems; good understanding of Data Centers and provisioning/managing infrastructure resources (Compute/Network/Storage
- Fluency in Programming/Scripting language(s) like Python, Ruby or bash.
- Your awesome communication skills leave no room for ambiguity or miscommunication, and your follow up skills are second to none.
- At a minimum, 3+ years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with container technologies like Docker/Rocket and Kubernetes/Mesos/Marathon, especially on top of Openstack, is a HUGE PLUS
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, private (OpenStack) and/or public (AWS/Azure/GCP) clouds
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible) and how to administer them
- Experience with upgrading Openstack clusters to a newer version of Openstack
- Experience with using shared storage (Ceph) to enable Live Migration
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (OpenContrail)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD) and Infrastructure As Code (IAC)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.