Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Mountain View CA
Building 19, 94035, 1078 Moffett Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043 US
Position Title: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Mountain View, California.
- Build, design, deploy, maintain, and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g., AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure. Participate in technology evaluation and reengineering teams to support strategy-definition and continuous process improvement activities
- Help implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption Implement and refine cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Act as project lead around further software defined services and offerings
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools
- Recognize and resolve all business issues and impact
- Assess urgency of issues and facilitate follow-up and resolution accordingly including service quality initiatives to support a “five nines” product availability environment
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of workload automation initiatives
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience
- 3+ years working with cloud platforms
- 5+ years of experience as an enterprise systems administrator in a client or server environment, including deployment automation tools, such as Ansible
- Extensive knowledge of Linux based systems including Hardware, software, networking, and storage
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications
- Certifications on Amazon Web Services, including Solutions Architect, Developer, Google Cloud or Azure are highly desirable
- Specific experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including VPC, EC2, Network, ELB, EBS, EMR, Redshift, RDS, and IAM
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows,
- Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security
- Experience with configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting very complex distributed environments pertaining to connectivity and application performance and monitoring tools and offering high-level strategic planning and advice to an entity that will allow for the successful adoption or migration of Cloud-based technologies or services
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.