8221 44th Ave. W, Suite G Mukilteo, WA 98275
Position Title: Chief Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Mukilteo, Washington.
- Manages and responsible for all technical activities on the program.
- Conducts technical design reviews.
- Balance requirements, budget, and schedule to ensure overall program success.
- Approves all requirements or design changes (Change Board)
- Expert in their mission/campaign area and is the ultimate engineering authority on the program.
- Reports to SEIT Manager.
- Ensure all team members understand their roles and are held accountable for meeting commitments.
- Drive change management processes, manage stakeholder expectations, communicate impact, and execute changes if applicable
- Facilitate program communication and information flow by maintaining project files, utilizing JIRA, Confluence, and other relevant tools
- Facilitate communication among production, engineering, quality, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Assess, monitor, document, and communicate on project scope and status, risks, and key learnings to project stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary program interface for charter and approval of technical reviews across the program to and from the Customer communities and facilitate integration across same.
- Engage in architecture definition, technology development and insertion, and technical trades with an emphasis on commonality, best use of resources, continuous process improvement to remove cost while preserving compliance, generation and adherence to best practices and achieving best value to the corporation and the acquisition Customer.
- Ensure that the intent and/or letter of engineering standards are followed and that designs are compliant to both Customer and industry requirements as deemed appropriate to meet Customer imperatives and in accordance with agreements with the acquisition customer and will have ultimate accountability for compliance with technical standards inclusive of establishing effective processes for engineering, mission assurance, design assurance, parts-processes-materials programs, Quality, Audit and internal integration, test and verification activities.
- Minimum 5-year Hardware/Software/Embedded engineering experience including: High Speed Digital systems involving FPGAs, GPUs, and/or ARM Processors
- Prior experience with VPX/OpenVPX/VME or similar systems is a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations
- A capacity to thrive in a self-motivated environment that has few boundaries and at-times conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify technical, cost, and schedule risks/opportunities and to engage technical support appropriately
- A desire to find, explore, and solve new and challenging problems
- A proven capacity to contribute to multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Experience in R&D and proposal activities and development to customer requirements
- Experience and knowledge of Government contracts, subcontracts, interdivisional work agreements, finance and business operations methods, and techniques.
- Experience managing and overseeing the development of engineering documentation and procedures including Configuration Management and Risk Management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage key personnel, integration of systems engineering scope and engage administrative personnel to achieve contract and corporate objectives while ensuring adherence to Spectranetix and Government directives, policies, regulations, laws, and contracts obligations
- Minimum requirement: BS in EE, CS, or relevant discipline
- MS in EE, CS, or a relevant discipline preferred
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.