6020 South 190th Street Kent, WA 98032 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Certification Engineer with our client located in Kent, WA.
- Responsible for developing advanced certification strategy and compliance data required for installation of technology onboard commercial aircraft.
- Additional responsibilities include managing FAA ODAs and EASA DOAs, including their respective designees in support of type certification approvals.
- Act as lead Certification Engineer for projects to develop and manage compliance showing to certification requirements from project initiation to issuance of type certification approval.
- As lead Certification Engineer, work with the Certification Manager to assign, task, and plan resources to ensure all Aircraft Certification team deliverables are completed.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in one or more of the following specialties: Structures, Electrical Systems & Equipment, Mechanical Systems & Equipment or Flammability compliance.
- Provides oversight and mentorship to Level I and Level II Certification Technicians.
- Reviews and approves documentation related to compliance showings for projects.
- Works with mechanical design engineers, electrical systems engineers, project managers and analysis engineers to develop advanced certification strategy
- Actively develops and adapts creative and comprehensive certification strategies to show compliance with the required regulations
- Actively assists project management and engineering team in solving internal and external certification-related challenges
- Works in conjunction with designees resources to develop all qualitative certification-related documents and deliverables
- Associates degree or higher
- Certification w/ Aircraft / Aerospace
- DO-160 experience
- Will consider more junior candidates for a Certification Technician II title depending on experience and total number of years.
- Work Authorization: ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- Direct Hire
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.