Cellular Automation Engineer
9868 Scranton Rd San Diego, CA 92121
Position Title: Cellular Automation Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Diego, California.
- Participate in design discussions for implementing new features and support new test equipment in Automation Framework.
- Research test automation requirements and APIs for 5G test equipment, RF faders etc. Translate requirements into design decisions and code implementation.
- Manage test and integration of new test automation components. Sanity and Integration testing of automation framework releases with internal modems and reference UEs.
- Triage and debug issues reported by internal customers.
- Deploy automation components at new sites and test benches.
- Design and implement test automation features from scratch.
- Support lab, field and certification activities including test automation, error tracking, bug tracking.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in developing/enhancing test automation.
- Excellent coding skills with Python.
- Experience working with or implementing distributed test automation system.
- Good understanding of sockets, multi-threading and data structures.
- Knowledge of version control systems like GIT.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple teams and challenging schedules.
- Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in test methodology.
- Some understanding of wireless protocol stack, LTE, LTE-Advanced, 5GNR technologies is preferred.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills to work with test vendors and chipset customers.
- Should be self-starter and keen to learn new things which may be required on the job
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.