1016 N Lincoln Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15233 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract CNC Machinist opportunity located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Collaborate with the design and engineering teams to review CAD for manufacturability improvements & mass savings
- Creating NC programs
- Operate multi-axis CNC mills, tube benders, etc.
- Machine complex components while balancing quality and speed
- Ensure parts meet quality and engineering specifications
- Assist with material handling, selection, procurement, etc.
- Keep the manufacturing area clean and safe
- Develop tools, methods, and best practices as it relates to manufacturing
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of relevant programming, machining, and/or operating experience
- Proficient in NC programming
- Working understanding of cradle to grave machining topics including tooling selection, cutting speeds, fixturing, job planning, etc.
- Experience with reading and understanding drawings and GD&T
- Able to lift and move heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Able to operate pallet jacks, forklifts, cranes, and other lift assist devices
- Adaptable to a startup environment, able to self-start with minimal guidance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates degree in design, technology, manufacturing, or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant programming, machining, and/or operating experience
- Experience manufacturing components for aircraft, spacecraft or launch vehicles
- Experience programming multi-axis mills
- Familiarity with machining aerospace alloys including aluminum, titanium, nickel-alloys, copper, etc.
- Proficient in CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Familiarity with inspection and quality techniques, including CMMs (Faro preferred), dye penetrant, ultrasonic, radiography, etc.
- A strong passion to learn, grow our manufacturing capabilities and produce world class component.
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Pay Range: $25-$50/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.