1100 Explorer Blvd Huntsville, AL 35806
Position Title: CNC Machinist
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a CNC Machinist in Huntsville, AL
- Experience with conventional and CNC mills, lathes.
- Excellent blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Proper cutter selection with appropriate materials.
- Ability to provide Design for Manufacturing feedback.
- Must have stainless steel and aluminum experience.
- Fluent in use of precision hand tools.
- Familiar with use of personal computers.
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize projects to meet completion dates.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, stairs, work in small/restricted areas, and lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift, as well as weekends and overtime, when necessary.
- Fanuc, Mori-Seiki and Siemens controls.
- Multi-axis lathe, mill and VTL experience.
- Machining of nickel-based stainless steel alloys, copper, titanium.
- Tooling and fixture design.
- NC programming skills, preferably Mastercam X6 thru 2018.
- Conversational programming on the machine.
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware.
- CMM programming/operation.
- Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.).
- Experience machining tight tolerance, high value components
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.