1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014
Position Title: CAD Librarian
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Cupertino, California.
- Develop and maintain the ECAD library which involves creation of 3D models, PCB and logical symbols and managing ECAD data in Perforce, Team Center, and Agile PLM system.
- Provide ongoing ECAD library support.
- Understand and adhere to current ECAD standards and Design for Manufacturing guidelines while contributing to improving current design processes.
- Support designers, engineers, and Design for Manufacturing post development by providing expert insight and solving issues with library symbols in later lifecycle phases.
- Interpret electrical and mechanical specifications from vendor or Apple-provided datasheets.
- Create logical and physical symbols while following Apple library standards.
- Use Cadence Library Creator to create 3D models or import step models then featurize and define parameters in order to create detailed, simulation-ready models.
- Run verification on symbols to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Participate in keeping the library up to current standards including updating existing symbols and testing new processes and tools.
- Use Agile PLM System for managing work queue
- Interface with external vendors to co-develop library symbols
- Experience with using Cadence Allegro, Part Developer, and Concept
- Experience with 3D modeling tools
- Experience with Mac OS and Unix
- Be organized, proactive and willing to learn while working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to think critically and creatively to diagnose and solve problems efficiently
- Able to work on projects individually or as a team.
- Have great customer service skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.