Build and Automation Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA 94043
Position Title: Build and Automation Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, CA for an experienced Automation and Build Engineer:
- The Build and Automation Engineer delivers high-quality builds for testing software updates.
- Automation of build and workflow processes, plus build verification tests (BVT). This role requires collaboration with software engineers in development, test, as well as build infrastructure teams with the aim of improving the team’ s build and test services.
- Integration of drivers and firmware within source code control system (e.g., TFS).
- Configuration management of drivers and firmware within existing build infrastructure.
- Investigate, debug and resolve defects when builds break.
- Build verification testing (BVT) – Implement additional services which enable BVT to reliably catch and report problems sooner (before builds are released to test team).
- Improve automation – Add services which eliminate manual procedures and reduce errors. * Improve release automation – Implement new services which reduce errors in Windows Update publication process.
- Recommend and make improvements to core build infrastructure
- At least two years of PowerShell scripting experience.
- At least one year of C# experience.
- Solid debugging skills (to troubleshoot build failures)
- Pays attention to details: the build processes are very detail-oriented, We need someone who does high quality work.
- At least one year of experience working with build infrastructure (e.g., GNU make or similar tools).
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborates well in a team environment
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan