Build And Release
2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, CA 94583
Position Title: Build/Release Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Ramon, California.
- Manage build, release, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD) processes for software product releases.
- Automation Script Development
- CI/CD pipeline design & architecture, development & support
- Jenkins (design automated build & deployment pipeline using Jenkins as orchestration tool).
- End to end unit tests, code coverage
- Clover, Sonar (implement solution which includes clover and Sonar for code coverage & quality).
- Security scans
- Coverity (Integrating Coverity with Jenkins pipeline to ensure code security & best practices).
- Tinfoil (Integrating Tinfoil with Jenkins pipeline to ensure code security from a web pen testing perspective).
- Maven, GitHub, Artifactory
- Designing build automation framework using Maven, GitHub, Artifactory.
- Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and CI framework used across teams. (25%)
- Collaborating with other development teams to integrate individual efforts with DevOps common framework. Creating a standard solution for other development teams to adopt.
- Determine best practices and principles, promote those across multiple teams. (10%)
- Define gateway & policies for releases to production, enforce adherence to those policies to ensure successful execution.
- Defining code branching & merge strategies.
- Develop automated deployment framework for all environments )development to production) (25%)
- Identifying gaps in deployment process which can be automated utilizing Python & Groovy.
- Work with developers and stakeholders to deliver quality software through the build and deployment system.
- Partner with and provide direction to fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
- Use industry best practices to improve build, release, CI and CD processes.
- BS or MS and 6+ years in Build Release
- 3 years of experience with:
- Software configuration management and release engineering using build automation tools (i.e. Jenkins).
- Java - Ability to understand & write programs in Java required.
- Strong Python skills
- Bootstrapping environment scripts.
- Operating in an Agile-Scrum software development environment
- Defining workflows for build and release process
- Workflows will vary from development team to development team, at 3 years experience required.
- Software development life cycle
- Knowledge of SDLC and SDL (Security Development Lifecycle)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.