Peterbilt Motors Company 1700 Woodbrook Street Denton, TX 76205 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire Battery Supervisor opportunity in Denton, Texas.
- Lead a team of mechanical and electrical engineers to develop, implement and support high-voltage battery systems for use on heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
- Collaborate with internal software and powertrain engineering teams to optimize battery designs to meet overall electric vehicle performance targets.
- Utilize a standardized phase/gate product creation process to deliver high-quality engineering designs.
- Champion innovation through collaboration, personal initiative, and team motivation.
- Provide engineering analysis and designs for expanding EV applications as customers adopt the technology into new market segments
- Support rapid troubleshooting and problem resolution related to battery system scope of responsibility
- Up to 20% of travel (domestic and international)
- BS Degree in engineering or related technical field required and 7yrs experience
- MS and 4yrs experience preferred
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of HV battery and control systems and their use in commercial applications.
- Experience in battery pack design and assembly preferred
- Experience in Functional Safety required
- Demonstrated ability to lead a technical team to achieve timely objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally, ready to learn and make use of new processes and techniques. Be resourceful with a problem-solving approach.
- Willingness to be outgoing, and engaging, and demonstrated passion to deliver top-quality results.
- Direct Hire
- Location: Denton, TX
- Salary Range: $140k-$152k
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.