BI Data Analyst
California, CA 99999 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract BI Data Analyst opportunity that is fully remote.
Job Responsibilities: The BI Data Analyst will be a member of the Quality data analytics team and use technical expertise and a solid understanding of business processes and needs to turn data into useful information. In this role, the analyst will work closely with various business teams to understand, collect, clarify, and translate business data requirements into reports and analytics as required. The analyst will be heavily involved with the use, distribution, and successful delivery of reports on a periodic basis. The ideal candidate would have medical device post market experience and have the ability to explore and integrate different data sources using tools such as SQL and Tableau.
• Partner with various Quality Management System (QMS) business teams to support data needs
• Translate non-technical data requirements into metrics, reports, and visualization dashboards
• Partner with business teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
• Ability to execute deep dives into available data sets to provide insight on product quality performance
• Develop user documentation and a variety of visual representation of data analysis and ensures consistency and accuracy of data and analysis provided
• Support business system integrations for data needs and report outputs
• Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and analytical solutions to ensure a good user experience in support reports and dashboards
• Partner with architecture and solution delivery teams to enable reports that have long-term value
• Perform functional, regression, usability test, etc. as applicable for both new and existing datasets, reports and dashboards. Document and summarize test results and findings as required.
• Education: Bachelor’s or higher degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer and Information Science or equivalent blend of work and certification experience required
• Minimum 5 years of data analytics experience, with 3+ years hands on using Tableau or another BI Tool required
• Minimum 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL or equivalent required
• Programming skills and experience, especially for data exploration and presentation to management and other users of data required. Familiarity with Python preferred.
• Highly organized, self-starter and highly motivated with strong prioritization skills managing multiple projects required
• Creative problem solver that is able to look at an issue from a variety of angles required
• Ability to work in fast-paced teams with a great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving and data analysis required
• Working experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, regulatory or other related industries highly preferred
• Experience and capability using visualization software such as Tableau/ Power BI, and familiarity with SAP, CRM or other ERP system preferred
• Knowledge of the business of medical device development and manufacture preferred
• Excellent writing skills and documentation skills that enable analyses to be reliably reproduced using the same data years later preferred.
• Location: Remote
• Pay Rate Range: $40 - $46 /hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.