Avionics Hardware PCB Designer
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Avionics Hardware PCB Designer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for an Avionics Hardware PCB Designer in Kent, WA.
Demonstrated proficiency (2, 000+ hours) with Cadence OrCAD.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of PCB best practices for design, manufacturing, and test, including PCB assembly to IPC Class 3 standards
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a PCB designer.
- 10, 000 hours of experience as a PCB designer on Altium Designer.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of PCB “ best practices” for both design and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of IPC PCB fabrication and electronic assembly standards (e.g. IPC-7351B, IPC-2221B).
- Track record of successful board design product releases demonstrating mastery of:
- High-speed, impedance controlled stack-up, multi-layer board layout design.
- DDR4 routing with XSignals
- Fine pitch BGA routing, including blind – buried vias.
- Complex analog and digital signal routing.
- Multi-rail power delivery and high-speed signal integrity constraints.
- Design constraint management; including trace length matching, spacing rules, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain symbol / footprint libraries.
Experience with board design related to safety critical hardware systems compliant with DO-254.
Experience working with PCB/PCBA manufacturing vendors.
High reliability board design experience; including compliance with DFM, DFA & DFT requirements.
Familiarity with Windchill, or related tool, product design management and support.
Familiarity with Cadence and Altium schematic capture tools / processes to support board development efforts.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.