Automation Integration Engineer
909 7th Ave #201 Kirkland, WA 98033
Position Title: Automation Integration Engineer
Position Description: Our client in Kirkland, WA has a unique opportunity for 3 engineers with programming skills and a solid understanding of control systems and CNC hardware architecture.
Work with customer to integrate existing manufacturing equipment into graphical interface currently being developed by the customer. Integration includes meeting hardware and software architecture needs for each machine set. Responsibilities include determining the best connectivity method for each machine type, documenting the network architecture and information flows, connecting to the machines with customer provided tools, and developing logic against the machine data to transform that data into customer defined information.
Data often needs to be massaged using XML and C# configuration templates, ability to work with and understand new computing tools is important. Self-starter types with great communication skills work best for this role.
Job Requirements: At least 4 of the following:
- C, C++, Python, Java, XML, Visual Basic
- Experience with NC Controllers
- Siemens CNC, PLC and Fanuc programming experience is a plus
- Knowledge of OPC client/server communications
- Understanding of control systems hardware architecture
- Self-motivated and interested in learning new software and skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Technical degree or higher, or equivalent combination of industry certifications and relevant work experience
- This position is conducive to remote work with a base of operation in the Pacific time zone to support collaboration.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.