Atlassian Tools Administrator
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Atlassian Tools Administrator
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Configuration and maintenance of Jira, bitbucket, Confluence and other Atlassian Tools
- Create and manage Jira components including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes in Jira
- Support and troubleshoot Jira and Confluence
- Create, manage, and support all administrative functions associated with the Atlassian product suite
- Evaluate and manage the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
- Create comprehensive JIRA workflows (with conditions, validators, and post functions), screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Design & Manage complex Jira/Confluence queries, dashboards for operational/performance reporting metrics and reports based on departmental needs
- Understand system architecture of upstream and downstream impacts when implementing solutions
- Develop, test, and deploy integrations between Atlassian products and other internal systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Atlassian products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
- Participate in the process for choosing external Atlassian partner
- Conduct user-training and help-sessions for new features or implementations
- Basic JQL Administration and query writing tasks
- Migrating people/projects from other tools to JIRA/Confluence
- Create and provide administration support for Confluence spaces
- Manage accounts and groups for Confluence and JIRA projects
- Support Confluence Space creation and basic configuration including Space administration including permissions
- Audit accounts disabling those no longer in use
- Monitor Confluence for operation, content, and security
- Understand policies that apply to Confluence, JIRA and Github, disseminating them and participating in the creation/update of new policies
- Coordinate testing new macros with users and application administrators
- Coordinate with users for testing product updates before and after production release
- Coordinate with users on simple JIRA project set up schemes and customization' s
- Support JIRA in creating more complex schemes and customization' s
- Manage a Jira Service Desk for Confluence and JIRA service requests
- Act as the first point of contact for tickets for Confluence, JIRA and Github
- Self-train on Confluence, JIRA and Github
- Act as point of contact for onboarding new users and teams, and answering frequently asked questions
- Manage associations (accounts) and answer frequently asked questions for Github (not Git)
- Must have strong knowledge and hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting of Atlassian suite of products especially JIRA, Confluence.
- Must have experience with Github.
- Minimum 3-5 years supporting Atlassian products
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.