Associate Penetration Tester
464 12th Ave Seattle, WA 98122
Job Title: Associate Penetration Tester
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington for an Associate Penetration Tester:
- Execute penetration tests and security assessments alone or as part of a team, including internal/external networks, web and mobile applications, Windows and Linux environments, AWS architecture, IoT devices, and more.
- Create assessment documentation and reports, clearly identifying vulnerabilities and associated remediation steps.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate and improve current pentesting processes
- Conduct new security research and work with others to develop blog posts on findings
- Actively continue education and technical skill development, improving security capabilities
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfortable with basic application security testing and common vulnerabilities
- Comfortable with scripting/automation (Python preferred)
- Basic IT skills across a range of technologies, including Linux and computer networking (TCP/IP, SSH, HTTP, DNS, etc)
- Strong ability and drive to learn and develop technical security skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Application development experience (Python preferred)
- Basic Experience with bug bounties or independent security research
- Basic Windows/Linux administration, network administration, or IT support
- Experience in security engineering, application security, or related field
- Experience with common security testing tools (Burpsuite, Nmap, Nessus, Hashcat, SQLMap, Pacu, etc)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.