9600 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Position Title: Applications Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Develop and review specifications for equipment, as well as performance requirements.
- Provide input to system operating manual.
- Work closely with project team to provide technical support during system power up/debug and factory acceptance testing.
- Oversee installation to see that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Test to make sure that machinery has the capability to carry out desired functions.
- Set schedule of procedures and maintenance tasks as required to maintain equipment in prescribed condition.
- Help provide technical information and training to workers in other departments as needed.
- Participate in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Provide equipment functionality and capability reports and act as technical liaison.
- Participate in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of machine vision systems, electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and computer programming.
- Problem solving, system and methods improvement skills.
- Understanding of C# .Net and / or PLC programming a plus.
- System integration, test and debug skills.
- Conceptual development of applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Use Microsoft software – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’ s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Requires domestic/international travel for installation and support. Typically, 3, 3-week trips/year.
- Must be eligible for or have a valid passport.
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in applications engineering.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.