Antenna Test Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Antenna Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Antenna Test Engineer:
- Development of RF test methodologies, approaches and hardware per Product Requirements.
- Design, Develop and implement the RF test hardware, fixtures and automation
- Periodically assess Antenna Test Ranges and RF test procedures
- Improve confidence and alignment between the various test chambers
- Oversee Antenna Range Maintenance and Upgrade Plans
- Develop strategies to improve test throughput & methodology
- Work with Systems & RF Engineering teams on Test Plans, Test reports
- Prototype test scripts when applicable using our Automated Microwave Measurement Systems.
- Provide test support for debugging of prototype antennas.
- Support Test Operations with troubleshooting and training.
- Documentation of procedures and processes
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical field (e.g., math, physics) required.
- 3+ years of performing RF measurements in X or K or Higher band Antenna test ranges
- Demonstrated ability to perform NIST 18 Term antenna test range error assessments
- 3+ years of operating and maintaining Antenna test ranges (CATR, Planar Near Field, Spherical Near Field)
- Demonstrated experience in Electromagnetics theory and Antenna fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in RF measurement theory and practice using VNA, Spectrum/Signal Analyzer, Power Meter, etc.
- Experience with commercial Antenna Test Software (Orbit/FR 959, NSI/MI-3000) is a plus
- Familiarity with Python or MATLAB or equivalent programming capability is a plus
- Experience with RF simulation tools
- Experience with an A2LA certified organization is a plus.
- Experience within an industry work environment performing antenna, electromagnetic (EMI EMC) and / or Radome test and measurements is a plus.
- Relevant granted Patents and/or articles published in IEEE Journals (or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience with advanced math skills and tools
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.