Analog Design Engineer
2485 Augustine Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for an Analog Design Engineer with our client that is located in Santa Clara, CA.
• Help design of building blocks of a PLL
• Run pre-tapeout verification flows to confirm design meets performance, power, reliability and timing requirements.
• Work closely with layout engineers to deliver the physical design as well as define production/bench-level test plans with post-silicon characterization groups for silicon evaluation to ensure interlocked and high-quality execution.
• Solid knowledge Analog Circuit Design in FinFET technology specifically in PLLs and associated subblocks including VCO, charge-pump, dividers, state machines, LDO, feedback and compensation techniques, bandgap, TDC, interpolator circuits, high speed buffers etc.
• Solid knowledge of industry standard tools and practices for analog circuit design
• Good knowledge in Physical design, STA, methodology scripts (Tcl), knowledge on Perl, Python
• Quality-oriented mindset
• Strong and effective communication skills and team spirit
• 3-5 years of professional experience in the semiconductor industry
• Experience in FinFET & Dual Patterning nodes such as 16/14/10/7nm/5nm
• Hands-on design experience in performance analog and hybrid Phase Locked Loops, analog-to-digital (ADC), digital-to-analog (DAC) data converter, VCO, LDO, bandgap, charge pump, op-amps, interpolator circuits.
• Experience with the following is a plus: Digital PLL techniques, TDC or DSP and control theory experience related to digital PLLs, Dual charge-pump PLL designs, Fractional-N PLLs, spread-spectrum PLLs.
• Proficient with Cadence custom circuit design tools like ADE-L and ADE-XL and running Monte-Carlo, noise, aging, EM and IR drop simulations and stability analysis. Helic/EMX is a plus.
• Have good experience with simulation tools such as Spectre, Hspice, AFS, and MATLAB, System Verilog, Python.
• Capable of understanding DRC and LVS results with verification tools (Calibre, ICV, or like)
• Proficiency in scripting languages like Perl, Python, matlab etc. is a plus.
• Able to work effectively in a team, with good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and positive energy
• Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details
• Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion.
• Pay Rate: $55 - $62 /hr
• Location: Santa Clara, CA
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.