Algorithms Engineer, Planning and Treatment Delivery
25821 Industrial Blvd Suite 200, Hayward, CA 94545
Position Title: Algorithms Engineer, Planning and Treatment Delivery
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Hayward, California.
- Design and implement algorithms for image processing problems such as image registration and image segmentation, automatic organ contouring on multimodality images, such as CT or PET/CT, and PET/MRI images for our treatment planning and delivery system. This includes developing own modules or selecting third party tools and integrating them into the treatment planning and delivery system.
- Design and develop clinical workflow optimization through automation algorithms
- Develop a software system that allows end users to plug-in their own algorithms for research purposes
- Support Senior Algorithms Engineers on product development and new technology prototyping
- Conduct performance analysis and software testing, including system simulation and data, image and system analysis
- Complete required testing and documentation to support product release and regulatory submissions
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field
- Strong background in advanced image processing, mathematics, linear algebra, statistics, image registration, and image segmentation
- 3+ years of experience developing algorithms for computer vision/image processing problems such as image registration, image denoising, motion tracking, image registration and image segmentation
- Strong software design skills and programing expertise using C++, Matlab and/or Python
- Experience in image visualization tools and image manipulation techniques
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products
- Experience with medical imaging or radiotherapy product development desired
- Knowledge of medical industry design control process and FDA regulations desired
- Experience with DICOM standards and interoperability desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.