Account Manager - Merchant Marine Industry
1848 Westlake Ave N Seattle, WA 98177
Position Title: Account Manager - Merchant Marine
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- Driving client' s Merchant Marine Revenue in the US & Canada
- Identify target lists of competitor services to bring across to client' s services
- Manage numerous existing small to medium sized accounts and seek to consistently upsell
- Be accountable for the execution of our client' s value proposition to the customer
- Pipeline management and sales forecasting
- Engage in regular customer visits and seminars
- Actively probe the market to report on customer requirements and competitive offerings
- Identify new market opportunities
- Keep abreast of our client' s Products and Services
- Direct Sales Experience with proven track record
- 5-10 years of Merchant Marine industry sales experience or selling or a dealer for electronic equipment / components / Radar on the bridge of vessels.
- Knowledge of key players in the US/Canadian Merchant Marine Sector
- Ability to communicate at the executive level
- Ability to grow existing accounts
- Ability to secure new business in traditional and non-traditional Merchant Marine Sectors
- Experience of solution selling into the maritime industry
- Strong knowledge of Bid Management including developing business proposals/propositions
- Good understanding of the wider telecommunications and satellite communication industries
- Proven ability to deliver target revenues over long lead times
- Effective negotiating skills and excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to travel extensively
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- In depth knowledge of the client' s Maritime portfolio.
- Ability to articulate the client' s Maritime strategy and promote client' s capabilities to deliver industry leading connectivity solutions and safety services through global partnerships.
- Partner with customers to fully understand business requirements, issues, strategies and priorities in order to deliver value-added business solutions effectively.
- Leverage knowledge of industry, applications, and products in order to maintain and grow client' s revenues moving forward.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic business plans.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships at all levels including executive level.
- Overseas experience in varied working environments.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.