Windows Systems Administrator - Messaging
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Systems Administrator - Messaging
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented messaging engineers chartered with maintaining the global messaging infrastructure.
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations of the overall messaging environment.
- Improve and optimize system administration and management with coding and automation.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues.
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- 7+ years of experience in Windows OS and core infrastructure support including: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- 5+ years of experience in managing email platforms (Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Postfix, Proofpoint, etc.) and email integrity technologies including SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- 3+ years of scripting experience in PowerShell or Python. Ruby is a plus.
- Understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (preferably VMware), and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- 3+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, and load balancers.
- 3+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.