Windows Systems Administrator - Generalist
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Systems Administrator - Generalist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented Systems Engineers chartered with maintaining the global Enterprise Core Services.
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations across services including email, directory services, virtual desktop, VMware and others.
- Improve and optimize system administration and management with coding and automation.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues.
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- 7+ years Windows system administration experience
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Apache, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Postfix, Squid, MySQL, and SNMP
- Strong experience in PowerShell scripting, other languages a plus
- 3+ years experience working with monitoring and configuration management
- Virtualization and block storage experience a plus
- 3+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, and load balancers.
- 3+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments.
- 5+ (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- 3+ tools such as Chef and DSC
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.