VP of Device Development
17425 NE Union Hill Road, Suite 150 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Direct Hire
Position Title: VP of Device Development
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced VP of Device Development.
- Lead an internal technical team of about 20 and a wide network of internal and external partnerships to develop products for launch
- Provide technical oversight to all development projects, through all key stages including
- Industrial design
- Transfer to Manufacturing
- Sustaining Engineering
- Lead portfolio development, resulting in
- Timely product launches
- Risk-managed development activities, including ensuring system technical performance
- Favorable project budget and product cost performance
- High quality product and project outcomes
- Guide innovation agenda and device pre-development activities by:
- Ensuring that product development requirements are incorporated in upstream roadmaps and concept exploration
- Developing and expanding strategic device core competencies
- Expanding intellectual property portfolio
- Sourcing innovation ideas from high-market awareness and expertise
- Developing functional prototypes to establish proof-of-concept
- Develop and execute long term strategic plans that support corporate objectives, including human resource planning for world-class teams and decisions on winning technology platforms.
- Provide project clarity and appropriate issue escalation (up and down).
- Lead multiple project teams. Work with technical managers to ensure technical success and that the right resources are assigned to the various projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, with advanced degree desired
- 15+ years proven product development experience
- 10+ years consumer, electronics, and/or medical device experience
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration with executive and key operational groups
- Progressive & proven record of leadership and managing device development projects
- Extensive experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, including concept, design, implementation, verification and validation activities necessary for product commercialization
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal/communications and presentation skills
- Ability to lead, influence, create and work within cross-functional team environments
- Assertive, take-charge, proven manager with a strong results orientation, positive “ can do” attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.