Thermal Processing Technician
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Thermal Processing Technician
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Thermal Processing Technician in Kent, WA.
- Minimum of 5 years of aerospace thermal processing experience
- Experience working with Materials engineers to design, test, and document heat treatment and braze processes
- Experience with Design engineers to specify braze joints designs, braze alloy selection (Ni and precious metal base), and process development
- Experience thermally processing aerospace materials such as stainless steel, copper, nickel and cobalt alloys, and titanium alloys
- Familiar with post process testing such as hardness, alpha case, and mechanical testing
- Familiar with performing furnace preventative maintenance
- Work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift, as well as weekends and overtime when necessary
- Experience performing post process testing such as hardness, alpha case, and mechanical testing is a plus
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (basic lathe, mill) is a plus
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware is a plus
- Thermal processing binder applied coatings experience is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.