Test Engineering Architect
San Jose, CA 98004
Position Title: Test Engineering Architect
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in San Jose or San Francisco for an experienced Test Engineering Architect.
- Express a strong, coherent vision for the execution of automated test scripts and validation of product requirements
- Help the dev and QA engineers work together towards a common vision of quality
- Architect the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation frameworks
- Partner with the Engineering Productivity team to optimize the CI pipeline and dev experience
- Responsible for improvements to quality of tests and test coverage
- Execute practical application of Agile components (user stories, stand-ups, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities
- Participate in design reviews for tests, feature development, micro-services and reliability
- Extend tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- 7+ years of software development background
- 5+ years of manual & automation testing experience of n-tier applications
- 5+ years of experience working in an iterative software development lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and build automation systems
- Expert level hands on experience with Selenium Webdriver using Java
- Test automation experience with open source and market-leading solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- Demonstrated proficiency with OOP
- Understanding of scale and performance testing
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills in a multi-tier SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools
- Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
- Mobile testing and automation
- Experience working in a highly automated enterprise class software environment preferably of scale with thousands of tests going through a gated CI pipeline
- Experience testing Identity Management, Directory or Security software
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.