Test Engineer, Multimedia
Sunnyvale, CA 94010
Position Title: Test Engineer, Multimedia
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Sunnyvale, CA for an experienced Test Engineer, Multimedia.
- As a Test Engineer you will work with the development, test, and automation teams to define, develop, and execute white box tests at the API level and back box tests and system level that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our multimedia deliverables
- Verify different content forms supported by our products such as text, audio, images, animations, video and interactive content
- Verify the audio and video formats and codecs that enable the functionality of the supported content forms
- Define or develop test utilities if applicable to accomplish the assigned testing
- Analyze various components of the systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to debug or provide circumstances needed to triage and resolve issues
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Agile practices
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test with hands-on experience in the test development and execution of computer vision algorithms and software components.
- Knowledge different Audio formats and codecs; AAC LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (enhanced AAC+), AAC ELD (enhanced low delay AAC), AMR-NB, AMR-WB, FLAC, MIDI, MP3
- Knowledge different Video formats, codecs and profiles; H.263, H.264 AVC Baseline Profile (BP), H.264 AVC Main Profile (MP), H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9
- Knowledge of multimedia streaming protocols (HLS, RTSP)
- Good to have working experience on Camera module operations, Camera testing methodology, digital image processing basics.
- Knowledgeable on Linux OS, middleware, kernel, and device drivers
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell and Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, and test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “ can do” attitude
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.