1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Technical Writer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
Would you like to work with one of most respected companies in the world? We are looking for a contractor to help provide high-quality user documentation for some of the projects in our portfolio. You would be responsible for helping to create internal facing documentation for various projects, including, but not limited to, feature documentation, developer documentation, and communications.
As a Technical Writer, you will support a talented engineering team providing ongoing communication, drive internal communications efforts about Infrastructure technology products, people and vision.
- Working closely with Engineers & Technology Managers to build out and manage thoughtful, creative technology communications
- Collaborating with Technology Managers to develop fresh new angles for storytelling and writing engaging and compelling content for internal technical publications, blogs, and other communications channels
- Developing and leveraging a large network of engineers, managers and internal influencer relationships within the Infrastructure team and consistently publishing thought leadership narratives
- Communicating about enterprise technology products and solutions
- Building relationships within internal technology communities of practice
- Candidates should have a passion for technology, deep curiosity to learn about new tech trends and topics, exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, expertise in relationship-building, solid understanding of and experience working with engineering teams, experience developing measurement plans and the ability to use data in storytelling, and strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Proven track record for developing and implementing successful technology communications strategies and storytelling
- Exceptional written/verbal communications skills (writing samples required)
- Ability to present complex subject matter in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, Technology Managers and Leaders
- The ability to think outside the box / creatively to integrate problem-solving and structured thinking
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, in an open and collaborative environment, and stay calm under intense pressure to manage rapidly changing priorities
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.