1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Technical Writer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. Our client’ s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected.
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation for technologies and tools used internally.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Design, write, and edit conceptual, procedural, and reference documentation.
- Navigate through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and Android.
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- 2+ years experience with a programming language, such as C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, Objective-C, etc.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- The ability to produce and organize content with a clear flow.
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype software or hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple, tight deadlines.
- Experience developing training materials (slides, handouts, instructor notes) for a developer audience
- Experience working with infrastructure services in a large scale, distributed systems type environment
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.