Technical Program Manager - Turnups
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Technical Program Manager – Turnups
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team manages several critical programs collaborating with cross functional teams and provides program management support for critical tooling initiatives. We are looking for a Program Manager to focus on the Capacity Turnups and help in execution, support the end to end process, maintain schedule, and documentation workflows. The right candidate will add structure and consistency to our ecosystem of business critical outputs and dependencies and support our decision making, system of checks & balances, and communication needs with automated tools.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization.
- Plan, coordinate & drive major new infra turnups and maintenance initiatives. Support in critical Capacity Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC) events in the data centers.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time completion. Interface with technical & operational teams in driving project execution.
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritize resources in areas that will deliver the greatest impact.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Support in driving internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Ensure there is sound communication between various groups and projects. Maintain program status dashboards, wiki pages and provide frequent program updates. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish all necessary tasks• Strong organizational and time management skills
- Past experience in Software Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is a plus
- Ability to closely walk the line between business and technology.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.