7700 Gateway Blvd Newark, CA 94560
Position Title: Technical PM
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Newark, California.
- Establish aggressive, but realistic schedules and cost targets ensuring that margin and product launch target dates are met
- Lead multiple worldwide product development teams spanning cross-geographies through the product life cycle process from concept to product delivery
- Communicate clearly and frequently with the direct development team as well as with the broader organization as appropriate. This includes regular reporting of program status to multi-tiered audiences composed of team, BU directors and executive staff audiences through executive review meetings and Gate meetings as prescribed by internal development processes
- Manage and implement programs involving cross-functional disciplines of Hardware (ME / EE), Acoustics, Firmware, Operations, Marketing, Commodity Management and Finance while driving execution with ODM/CDM finished good suppliers and/or in-house manufacturing
- Create, develop and manage program budget and product cost targets, staffing requirements, resource planning, schedule for program and product delivery
- Create risk management list and contingency plans.
- Decide upon and execute contingency plans, when required
- 5 years of combined experience in Engineering and Project / Program Manager with involvement from initial concept through product delivery of high-volume consumer electronic products
- A strong technical background in audio hardware, firmware and embedded software engineering, architecture and design concepts (i.e. speakers, headphones, wi-fi, bluetooth)
- Capable of guiding process using Jira, hybrid Agile/SCRUM/Waterfall methodology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across organizations and geographies and interact, influence and negotiate effectively with all levels of management
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and Atlassian tool suite (or similar) to track development progress and interact with the team
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering or business related studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or technical graduate degree a plus
- Formal Project Management training and Certification a plus (PMP) a plus
- Technical expertise: WICED Platform, DSP, CSR chip, Wifi, Bluetooth audio platforms
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.