Technical Lab Manager
MS building 112 redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Technical Lab Manager
Position Description: Our client in Redmond, WA is looking to bring on a Technical Lab Manager to their small growing team.
- 2+ yrs. exp. in lab management. It would be a plus if exp. was within a research-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or science related field is preferred.
- Exposure to Semiconductor Physics or related STEM field would be a bonus but not required.
- PMP/PM exp. or familiarity with maintaining ordered, complex technical lab operations is nice to have.
- Lab infrastructure
- Coordinate with RE&F and with teams that share our lab space to plan and monitor construction, new installations, and infrastructure repairs.
- Monitor physical systems to reduce experimental downtime.
- Organize response plans in the event of system failures.
- Systems include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, compressed air, etc.
- Equipment inventory
- Organize and oversee purchasing and installation of new lab equipment.
- Track orders and equipment repairs, and maintain correspondence with suppliers.
- Maintain stock of consumable laboratory supplies.
- Lab safety
- Coordinate with EH&S to establish and maintain safety plan for the lab space.
- Special focus on cryogens, high magnetic fields, and chemical inventory.
- For all responsibilities listed above, maintain open and regular lines of communication with lab personnel.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate.