Systems Architect - Messaging
Renton, WA #
Position Title: Systems Architect - Messaging
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Participate in the gathering, clarification, and prioritization of features, requirements and use cases for hardware and software (may require travel to customer locations).
- Create conceptual design solutions that will balance customer goals and needs with technical constraints.
- Serves as the Product Owner for Messaging by outlining the “ what”, and associated priorities, for our product development efforts. Determines and documents the business results that are needed in a product or a change to a product.
- Works with the Product Manager and Scrum Teams to find the best business responses to emergent issues (changes in business priority, discovery of technical limitations, etc.)
- Supports security initiatives assisting internal and industry level teams to help promote best practices and drive the group towards a solution that supports security standards.
- Identify and coordinate the resolution of emergent issues throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure that the messaging system solution works well with other portions of the overall system.
- Clearly communicate designs and changes to technical teams including engineering, testing, and customer organizations.
- Support the creation and refinement of project and product development methodologies.
- BS degree in engineering, computer science, or related field is preferred
- 3+ years’ development experience with at least 1 year working as a software/systems architect.
- Experience in Redhat Linux Enterprise or RHEL
- Messaging experience in communications or TCP/IP
- Experience in gathering requirements and working in or with product owners is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks, TCP/IP, and other communication protocols.
- Knowledge of middleware architectures and products.
- Knowledge of Network Security Practices.
- Well honed analytical thinking and attention to detail, as well as an aptitude to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proven skill in creation of conceptual design solutions.
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment of primarily engineers and technical people.
- Knowledge of the agile development process and proven ability to direct development teams.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system.
- Demonstrated ability to present to executive level.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- 1+ years of experience with communications system development
- Familiarity with RF networks, protocols, and hardware.
- B2B experience working with external customers
- Strong knowledge in software development
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.