Staff Electrical Engineer
4045-A Campbell Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Position Title: Staff Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Develop electrical systems for products in accordance with quality system.
- Define electrical specifications for products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Conduct research and prototyping to assess the feasibility of new product designs and the ability to meet requirements.
- Conduct risk analyses of the electrical systems and document the results.
- Design the electrical systems of products, ensuring the design meets all requirements and is optimized with the system design, including mechanical and software design and manufacturability.
- Document the electrical design with released drawings and specifications, including component specifications.
- Develop design verification plans, protocols and test methods, which will provide evidence that the electrical specifications and risk mitigations are met. Conduct design verification testing and document the test results in design verification reports.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, fixtures and test systems, ensuring suitability for production transfer.
- Conduct product design and development reviews, document the results of the reviews, and complete resulting action items. Participate in product phase reviews, ensuring all deliverables are completed prior to the phase review.
- Develop project schedules and align with the master product schedule. Ensure project milestones are met.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred: board-level design, micro-electronics, sound processing, audio, optics, magnetics, lab instrumentation, including analog/digital electronic measurements.
- The following skills are required: excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; advanced problem solving skills; project management; collaboration with both internal and external resources.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.