Sr. Wireless Engineer
11811 Willows Rd. NE Redmond, Washington 98052 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Wireless Engineer
Position Description: This position provides wireless engineering technical leadership for new technology, new product development, and sustaining activities. Primary owner of all wirelss technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular, and embedded antenna systems operation and integration, including antenna impedance matching and radiated pattern optimization as well as noise mitigation solutions.
- Lead wireless development while working with cross-functional teams to achieve optimal balance of project priorities relative to performance, development and product cost with focus on building robust, scalable and modular architectures and solutions.
- Translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware plans, requirements, designs and specifications, and verification plans and protocols.
- Solid background in architecture design, Wifi and cellular integration, design for EMC, and supporting new board bring-up.
- Identify, evaluate, and select vendors of connectivity products, working cross-functionally with electrical, software, and mechanical engineering teams as well as vendor management.
- Select and evaluate antenna for connectivity solution, working in conjunction with marketing and mechanical engineering
- Manage and operate wireless test labs.
- Arrange type approval testing and completion with third-party test labs.
- Assist with resolution of regulatory questions and issues concerning wireless implementations in Physio devices. Identify issues through research and testing and follow through to resolution by troubleshooting or completing appropriate escalation
- Work closely with manufacturing to resolve potential pre and post-implementation wireless configuration and test issues.
- Develop design and implementation approaches, such as make or buy, outsourced vs in-house.
- Develop products that incorporate Design For Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Reliability and Manufacturability (DRM) concepts through customer-focused designs, while meeting regulatory requirements and business needs.
- Root cause analysis and risk analysis, developing and implementing corrective actions. Ensure deliverables and work products adhere to the quality system.
- Basic ability to specify and read antenna patterns in azimuth and elevation charts.
- Operation of vector signal generator, vector signal analyzer, spectrum analyzer, and vector network analyzer. Scripting in TeraTerm or equivalent.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience 5 years of applicable experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of complex, technical products and systems. Programming in MATLAB, LabVIEW, or Python.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with wireless theory and radio design concepts. Basic ability in antenna design and specification.
- Keep up with the latest technologies and process trends.
- Create organization-wide standards for Physio-Control design processes, including design standards, test strategies, Design For Manufacturability, and use of other quality tools.
- Demonstrated wireless hardware design engineering experience and the ability to move from high-level vision, creating electrical architecture, to design implementation for high volume life-critical applications.
- Hardware development and product development experience.
- Experience in integrating with groups including ID, marketing, and user research. Time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities. 5+ years developing medical products.
- Expert knowledge of the IEC 60601-x standards.
- Expert knowledge of good architectural design methodologies and patterns. Expert understanding of interfaces between hardware and embedded software. Demonstrated ability to determine and meet project objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in overseeing safety-critical hardware for medical devices. Demonstrated understanding of and ability to follow good electrical development processes. Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competencies in customer-focused innovation, technical excellence, strategic insight, impact and influence across a product group or beyond, and passion for quality.
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven.Personable, able to work well in an open team environment and with outsource partners.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.