Sr. Software Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Dedicates most of their time to the development of existing client/server applications and support of applications already in production.
- Adherence to pre-defined programming standards set by Application Architects.
- Develops recommendations regarding further definition of development standards and application architecture principles.
- Performs unit testing and assists in user testing and debugging of programming modifications.
- When scheduled, candidate is prepared to address system problems during off hours with minimal guidance from other members of the development staff as needed.
- Mentoring other team members
- Experienced in Object Oriented design and development
- Experienced in Linux software application development and debugging
- Knowledgeable in Design Patterns
- Experienced in developing and debugging of distributed systems (high availability, clustering)
- Experienced in developing and debugging of client/server applications
- Experienced in developing and debugging of containerized applications
- Experience with using coding standards, and employing code review procedures
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills
- Solution Oriented
- Quality Focused
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of application development required
- 7+ years of programming experience using Object Oriented Programming
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Familiarity with source control systems such as SVN and Git
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Working Knowledge of messaging technologies (e.g. AMQP, RabbitMQ, JMS)
- Familiarity with SNMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP
- Familiarity with RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiarity with client/server application and network security concepts
- Familiarity with containerized application and orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of C++, Java, and Python
- Familiarity with Ruby and Cucumber
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.