Sr. Software Engineer
176 South St Hopkinton, Massachusetts 01748 | Contract
Position Title: Senior Adviser - Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Hopkinton, MA. Seeking very competent software developer with experience in the right technologies.
Principal Software Engineer for our client’ s Enterprise Analytics Solutions team is responsible for contributing to the development of software solutions for internal business clients in collaboration with other software engineers and direction of management.
Responsible for contributing in the design, development, testing, documentation, deployment and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems. Develops and/or executes implementation, testing, and end user support according to project plans and priorities.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of internal solutions.
- Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations for performance optimization and future direction.
- Designs business software solutions per business requirements.
- Troubleshoots solution reliability, availability, and performance issues.
- Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, and performance tuning.
- Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, and configuration).
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
- Gathers business requirements and participates in solution definition and feature prioritization. Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced solutions.
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions.
- Assists with the development and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
- Drives idea generation for new software solutions, or for the next version of an existing solutions.
- Responsible for delivery of solutions within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Design and develop major functional or performance enhancements for existing solutions, or produces new software solutions or tools.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure solution quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
- Required: Bachelors (Technical) and/or 8+ years relevant exp.
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Full stack software development experience (Front End, Middle Tier, Back End/DB).
- Experience OOP with high level programming languages such as C#, C++, or Java (C#.NET preferred)
- Experience with creating RDB schemas on database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, and SAP.
- Experience writing complex SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, and Views.
- Experience writing and/or maintaining ETL packages with tools such as SSIS or Informatica.
- Experience with data warehouses, star schemas, columnar databases, and Greenplum
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.