Sr. Software Engineer - Applications
2100 Gold Street San Jose, California 95002 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Applications
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Perform imaging software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS desired)
- 5-10 years industry experience
- Programming expertise in C/C++
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with designing system software emphasizing data transfer, memory management, and algorithm optimization techniques for high performance applications
- Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL or OpenCL).
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time
- There are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available
- Only occasional travel required
- Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams
- Must have team and goal-oriented mindset
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Must be detail oriented with excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- PC skills including use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.