Sr. Software Developer
3700 Cisco Way San Jose, California 95134 | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Software Developer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Jose, CA. Join a high performing team of engineers and architects working on the next generation cloud DVR system. Work in a high pace environment with latest video and cloud technologies.
- Design, develop, test and document components of the next generation cloud-based video recorder
- Trouble shoot issue reported from customer deployments
- Lead, guide and mentor the team of development and test engineers
- Stay up to date on the latest cloud trends and technologies
- Work closely with Architects to align design with cross-organizational initiatives
- Engage with Product Management to define and prioritize requirements
- 1+ years of Go development experience *Golang no longer a must have, will take on someone who has C/C++ instead*
- 7+ years software development experience
- Strong C and C++ development experience
- Experience with Linux internals
- Docker containers, Kubernetes experience,
- Cloud experience – VMware, Openstack
- Software development experience with common Web platform / language technologies such as HTTP, REST, JSON
- Experience designing cloud infrastructures for web services-based applications
- Video domain knowledge
- Storage domain knowledge
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.