Sr. Mechanical Engineer
2001 6th Ave suite 1630 Seattle, Washington 98121 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of a small and nimble product development team that is developing revolutionary devices to improve sample collection and integrity for critical in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests. We are looking for that unique person with the practical background and intuition to devise multiple solutions to that challenging mechanical problem, the hands-on expertise to build and test them, the engineering fundamentals to understand why they behave the way they do, and the ability to turn all this into an elegant easy-to-use product.
- Lead and collaborate with colleagues to engineer new medical devices, including concept generation and prototyping.
- Act as technical lead and direct contributor on new product development efforts.
- Design and test new products, bring them to manufacturing, and support their release to the market.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to identify areas of improvement and new product opportunities.
- Expertise in high-volume injection-molded plastics design.
- Strong working knowledge of fluidics and/or microfluidics.
- Design experience with elastomeric materials and dynamic seals.
- Prototyping know-how, with the ability to be hands-on in the lab.
- Proficiency in Solidworks, or other parametric CAD software.
- Understanding of materials for medical products and compatibility with sterilization methods (preferred)
- 8+ years developing real-world mechanical or electromechanical products in a team environment.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with applicable skills. Strong knowledge of prototyping methods and success working with rapid-prototyping resources.
- Experience with external contract manufacturing, test laboratories, and certification partners.
- Medical device design background, with a practical grasp of FDA Quality System Regulations (preferred).
- FEA experience (a plus).
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.