Sr. Mechanical Engineer
4517 221st Pl SW Seattle, WA 98101 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Our Seattle client is looking to bring on a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with 5+ yrs. ME Design and thermal analysis experience in consumer electronics. Solid PM experience with vendor management or contracts overseas is not required but could substitute some technical requirements for consideration.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field with a strong product development
- focus. MS preferred.
- 5+ years of experience of Mechanical Design in consumer electronics.
- Thermal Analysis (ideally high current or high voltage exp.
- Extensive plastic mold and sheet metal design experience.
- Experience leading the full product development process from concept to manufacturing.
- CAD design experience in SolidWorks (preferred)
- Working knowledge of high- and low- volume manufacturing processes.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with designing consumer electronics for mass production, DFM.
- Familiarity with, and designing to, UL standards or lighting controls a major plus.
- NPI Eng. experience
- Contract experience or PM / vendor management overseas highly desired - solid experience could replace 50% of the technical requirements for consideration.
- Develop new Smart Home products.
- Interact with cross-functional leads (EE, Product Management, Compliance and Manufacturing) to ensure Mechanical Design meets Product Requirements.
- Drive Mechanical Design and Program schedule from concept phase to production, including FMEAs, DFM, tool design, etc.
- Perform onsite NPI functions such as FAI & tool bring-up at factories.
- Mentor junior Mechanical Engineers.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.