Sr. Image Quality Engineer
Building 88 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Sr. Image Quality Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Image processing, color science and subjective image quality.
- Candidate has to have optimized Image Signal Processor partially or completely in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate expert knowledge in color science and image processing methods applied end to end in image capture and processing pipelines.
- Knowledge of CMOS image capture systems (sensors and lenses), processing methods included in modern ISPs, trade-offs in image tuning and optimizations as perceived by the human visual system, camera module calibration and effects on tuning outcomes.
- Candidate must familiar with both objective and subjective image quality measurement techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the color imaging field, with camera IQ tuning experience
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of color science, image processing and image quality.
- Extensive experience working with subjective image quality on consumer product
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of IQ attribute such as Color, Tone, Noise, and Sharpness.
- Experience of tuning ISP pipeline including 3A (AWB/AF/AE).
- Knowledge of Matlab, Imatest or equivalent tools for developing imaging algorithms and evaluating image quality.
- Experience in C/C++, psychophysics, and statistical analysis is definitely plus but not required.
- Willing to travel up to 15%.
- A BS or MS in Color Science, Imaging Science, Computational Photography, Electrical Engineering or related degree. PhD is definitely plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.