Sr. Electrical Engineer
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Translate product level requirements into implementable circuits
- Design electrical solutions for PacStar products implemented as BOMS and Schematics in Altium
- Layout of circuit boards in Altium
- Coordinate with purchasing and board build house for fabrication and assembly of engineering test units
- Board turn-up/debug/test
- Transition designs to manufacturing
- Support designs once they are in the field
- Capable of defining and executing test and characterization of other vendors equipment and previous Designs at the box and system level.
- Coordinate/communicate with management regarding schedule, milestones, technical status, etc.
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years direct design experience of circuit boards
- BS in Electrical Engineer required
- Deep experience in the design of circuit boards in Altium
- The ability to layout boards in Altium is desired
- Experience with MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461, and MIL-STD-407 is desired
- Familiarity with design of network devices (Switches, Routers) is a plus
- Strong work ethic and commitment to customer support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.