Sr. Computer Specialist
4300 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, Washington 98105 | Contract
Job Title: Sr. Computer Specialist
Our Seattle client is looking to hire 3 individuals to provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation, management, and support of a highly complex and distributed data center. Contract roles with potential for FTE.
- Research, recommend, plan, and install new hardware and systems.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory
- Maintain technical documentation of all systems for problem resolving and problem diagnosing procedures.
- Assess user needs/requirements: Research, recommend and/or request networking products, hardware, and software applications.
- Participate in testing and evaluating hardware products in planning for institutional standards.
- Plan, develop, test and schedule server and desktop client software patches.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for a complex department infrastructure.
- Serve as the primary network technical contact to the Center for Shared Services.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software for all end user devices and servers
- Assess, prioritize, implement, maintain, and enforce security measures that will comply with state and federal regulations (i.e. - HIPAA). Includes, developing and enforcing security standards, audits, and policies for compliance, and coordination of security investigations.
- Analyze, plan, develop, implement, and maintain network security measures, including network monitoring tools, antivirus systems, firewalls, physical securities, and user training.
- Establish and maintain security access to the local area network: oversee and assist in creating and maintaining user accounts, monitor network security.
- Establish and maintain network trusts to UW IT and other necessary systems.
- Analyze, plan, develop, implement, and maintain a disaster recovery plan
- Schedule and run routine network and systems backups and coordinate/maintain off-site storage of recovery archives.
Bachelor' s Degree in CSE, Business Information Systems, or related
- 3 years of direct end user support as well as management of IT systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing progressively more complex and responsible tasks including design, development, and maintenance of multiple servers, preferably in a data center environment.
- Provide excellent customer service by actively listening to customer’ s concerns, effectively communicating options, respecting the customer’ s decisions and implementing them in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in work process and efficiency in an ambiguous environment
- Cultivate positive working relationships with coworkers, management, customers, manufacturers, vendors and the general public.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation as required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers.
- Must have experience working in a virtualized environment, specifically Hyper-V and VmWare clusters.
- Must have strong scripting skills, preferably PowerShell and/or Bash.
- Must have experience working with data center storage, preferably Exablox but any SAN/NAS experience will do: Nimble, Dell, NetApp
- Federated Authentication using Shibboleth, SAML, ADFS or LDAP
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Device Management systems such as SCCM or Puppet
- WSUS, MDT, WDS, Active Directory, GPO, IPv4, TCP/IP, VPN
- Familiarity with the ITIL foundation framework
- Project Management
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain server hardware and peripherals
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work with personnel of various levels of technical background.
- Experience in training others in the use of computer systems.
- Ablility to work with minimum supervision.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Security Certifications
- Programming languages; .Net, Java, C, C++, Python
- Data Center Management
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.