11241 SE Hwy 212 Clackamas, Oregon 97015 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Sr. Buyer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Clackamas, Oregon.
- Prepares and monitors purchase orders and procures materials to support production plans; interacts with Planners, Production/Assembly, Engineering, Suppliers and subcontractors to ensure procurement of materials within approved schedules and quality specifications.
- Takes charge in negotiating cost reductions for purchased materials and subcontracted processes.
- Prepares, negotiates, implements and coordinates contracts including Long Term Agreements, Tooling Agreements, and capital equipment purchases.
- Creates and implements special purchasing programs with company suppliers including Kanban, JIT delivery, bread man systems, outsourcing, etc.
- Monitors material levels and status of materials; reviews for excess inventory and coordinates scrap and / or resell back to suppliers.
- Advises Planning of delays and works to resolve material shortage issues. Finds long-term solutions to reduce expedites and premium freight.
- Performs cost analysis on manufactured and purchased parts.
- Leads supplier relationships including qualification, development and performance evaluation.
- Travels to current and prospective suppliers; travel can include domestic and international destinations to Asia for supplier surveillance.
- Works with the Engineering department on new products; assumes leadership and coordination on all project requirements, delegates to Planners and other Buyers as needed to assist in implementing procurement of new items.
- Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly. Ensures that all inventory items are purchased from Approved Sources.
- This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company' s overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
- Bachelor' s degree in business or related field preferred.
- 5+ years purchasing experience as a Buyer with proven cost reduction results.
- APICS and/or ISM certification preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of contract law.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Proven expertise with lean / throughput techniques and MRP theory and concepts.
- Skill with Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel, Word, and presentation graphics.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.