Sr. Backend FPGA Design Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Sr. Backend FPGA Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- FPGA architecture, IP selection, IP evaluation, IP integration, FPGA building, timing closure, and debugging with chipscope.
- Design top-level block designs in Vivado and integrate customized RTL IPs.
- Create key IPs, implement prototypes, evaluate and integrate acquired hardware Intellectual Property (IP).
- Work with other hardware/ software architects developing one-of-a-kind innovative FPGA prototypes and contribute to feasibility studies & developing solutions.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability with FPGA design tool flows, synthesis, timing analysis, partitioning, FPGA programming, bring up and testing.
- In-depth background in high-speed logic design, Verilog, top-level integration, synthesis, debug, Tcl, shell scripts (Synopsys, Xilinx, or FPGA tools).
- Experience with integration of PCIE, DDR, AXI 3rd party IP in an FPGA environment.
- Prior experience with system-level testing, lab validation, chipscope debugging.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must have Xilinx toolchain/Vivado/timing closure/chipscope.
- Experience in Verilog/TCL/Shell programming and scripting in a Linux environment.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of processor design, accelerators, and/or memory hierarchies.
- Knowledge of high-performance design techniques.
- FPGA designer for NMT to help us with Xilinix FPGA build and support chipscope lab debug in the lab.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.