Software Lead -Systems
Redmond, Washington 98052 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Software Lead -Systems
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for a Software Lead- Systems with specialization in Linux embedded systems device programming. A successful candidate will be a key member of a team building advanced applications on a multidisciplinary team.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in C or C++
- 5 years of embedded systems experience (Embedded Linux)
- Experience profiling applications for performance characterization
- Demonstrated experience shipping embedded software products
- Experience with RESTful interfaces, curl or similar networking communication
- Demonstrated foundation in developing automated testable code
- Strong understanding of Linux configuration and custom device programming
- Strong programming experience in C and C++ 11
- Collaborative team player with clear communication and documentation skills
- Ability to drive, plan and organize projects independently
- Proven leadership skills coordinating incoming requirements and outgoing work
- Ability to understand schematics and perform basic hardware debugging skills (logic analyzer, scope probing)
- Solid understanding of SDLC
- Strong working knowledge of Jira or similar project management software
- Python experience
- Experience in applications and distributed process programming
- Experience with Embedded Linux distributions. Boot loaders, such as Das– U-Boot or Barebox
- Embedded software development toolsets such as IAR Integrated Development Environment
- Practical knowledge of signal processing.
- Practical knowledge of antenna/satellite communications.
- Management / lead experience for a small team
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.