1100 Olive Way Seattle, WA 98101
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Seattle, WA.
- Oversee internal infrastructure for systems and services responsible for data ingestion, processing and consumption channels
- Monitor capacity trends to prevent incidents, create and maintain dashboards and reports to synthesize and effectively present information
- Develop future capacity plans by analyzing product growth trends and project roadmap
- Help engineers by triaging and routing incoming capacity and reliability issues
- Oversee A/B experiments in progress, owners, and rollout stage, assist engineers by correlating live site issues with A/B experiments in production
- Proactively identify repeated investigations and automate them by using scripting and internal tools.
- 2+ years’ experience doing capacity planning for internet service
- 2+ architectures years’ experience in at least one programming language
- Ability to rapidly learn new development languages (PHP, Python, C++, and Java are all in heavy use)
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN' s), even if you haven' t worked on one
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- BE/BTECH/MCA degree (preferred) with a strong academic record or equivalent experience
Must haves –
1. Capacity planning: Load balancing and scaling. This will be the primary responsibility for this role.
3. Experience in high-volume environment
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.