Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background. In this role, you will support the game studio as part of the IT Operations team working on the Halo Franchise. If you are eager to strengthen your capabilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
- Provide Break-fix support for existing tools and services.
- Develop new tools to improve the work flow and processes of the Operations Team.
- Add new features to existing internal services.
- Proficiency coding and debugging with PowerShell
- Proficiency coding and debugging with C#
- Comfortable with SQL
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge, rebase, squash, resolve conflicts, appropriate use of branches)
- Able to create specifications from user requirements
- Excellent problem resolution, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in fast-paced environment.
- Writes self-documenting code
- Makes design decisions with code maintainability in mind
- Comfortable working in always-on production environments
- Can write multi-threaded applications in PowerShell
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange Web Services
- Experience working with Visual Studio Team Services
- Familiarity with REST
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.