1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
Our team is helping people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, we are committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR' s potential to change the world is immense; and we' re just getting started. Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. We are seeking a talented Computer Vision Engineer to apply their skills to challenging and emerging problems in sensor characterization. The Characterization team applies a range of software and computer vision techniques to characterize novel hardware to enable new experiences in VR. We' re looking for candidates who share a passion for applying software and computer vision techniques for the next generation VR headset.
- Develop novel computer vision algorithms and advanced systems with a focus on sensor characterization
- Collect, process, and analyze 3D point cloud data for a variety of sensors across a variety of parameters and metrics
- Develop and build software automation tools for computer vision and data analytics problems
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various systems
- 3+ years' experience developing real-time computer vision software in
- 3+ Matlab and C++, including algorithm design and systems software
- 3+ development
- Experience with 3D geometry and 3D point clouds Knowledge of applied mathematics and numerical optimization Prototyping or Sensors Characterization experience
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- 5+ years' experience developing real-time computer vision software in
- 5+ Matlab and C++, including algorithm design and systems software
- 5+ development
- 3+ years' experience with Sensor Characterization including depth
- 3+ sensors and cameras
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.